One Pot Mexican Rice Recipe
Yield: 5 SERVINGS Prep Time: 10 Mins. Cook Time: 15 Mins. Total Time: 25 Mins
I love Mexican Rice dishes and always found it to be one of the more simpler dishes to make. When time isn’t on my side I always fall back on this Mexican Rice Recipe to feed my family. This recipe is very versatile that you can easily modify it according to you and your families taste buds.
- 2 Table Spoons of Olive Oil
- 1 Cup of White or Brown Rice
- 1 Can of Black Beans
- 1 Can of Corn
- ½ a White Onion
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 2 Cups of Water
- ½ Packet of Taco Seasoning
- 1 Cup of Marble Cheddar Cheese
- Home Made Salsa (You can get my recipe for Homemade Salsa Here or you can use store bought as well)
- Sour Cream
- Green Onion
How to Make Mexican Rice Recipe in 10 Easy Steps
- Start by heating your olive oil in the skillet on medium heat.
- Add the onions & red bell peppers to the skillet and let cook for 3 minutes.
- Drain and rinse your beans & corn.
- Add the beans & corn to the vegetables, then stir together. Let it cook for 2 minutes
- Add the taco seasoning, rice, water, and stir everything together. Keep the heat between low and medium level. Cover the pot with a tight lid.
- Once the water level dips below the rice, turn the heat to the lowest setting. Keep the lid on.
- Check again in 10 minutes, if the water is absorbed then turn the stove off and sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top. Put the lid back on. The steam will help melt the cheese and cook the rice further
- If the water has not been fully absorbed yet, then leave the stove on for a few more minutes before adding the cheddar cheese and turning the stove off.
- I serve this dish in a bowl with sour cream, green onions, avocado, cilantro and my homemade salsa (which you can find the recipe to here) and freshly squeezed lime on top.
- You can also serve this meal with side of tortilla chips.
If you try this recipe, then please come back and let me know how you liked it. Also, if you would like to receive updates to when I post something new to the blog, then Subscribe below to be notified by email. By doing this, you will also be opted in for the Free Giveaways that I do from time to time. Happy Cooking!